Sunday, June 27, 2010

Maple garden????

Since the longest day has come and gone, one might hope for some good weather.  Well some has finally come, at least one day’s worth.  Well actually the weather has recently gotten better, but I am still hoping for the day when wearing shorts is a normal activity.

But the plants don’t seem to mind too much, especially in the Koi Garden.  As my blog readers will know, Maples are a favorite in Japanese gardens.  I have reviewed the bible of Japanese Maples: Japanese Maples by Vertrees in earlier posts.  We have even posted about bringing Maples inside for a piece of the garden during the winter.  But don't think for a minute that they will stay that small; they will grow very fast, and will require pruning. Of course even the dwarf maples will require trimming to keep their shape.   Of course we cannot show all the Maple trees I have trimmed this year, because, ahhh, they were all the neighbors trees and I disposed of the evidence immediately; and forget before and after pictures.....   So IXNA on the  ECRETESA.  LOL.

Still, I thought it would be nice to post some photos of the maples in my garden.



No comments: